Karen Koronkiewicz has been a resident of Chatham for nearly two decades, and is an active participant in the community. Karen has served on the Underground Advisory Committee, is currently Vice President of Community Outreach and Programs for the Democratic Club of the Chathams, and is an active participant at St. Patrick's Church. In the time she has lived in Chatham, she has seen many positive changes, such as the increased emphasis on environmental concerns with Chatham maintaining its Silver status in the Sustainable New Jersey program. However, there is always more to do. Karen believes that in order to maintain Chatham’s charm it also must develop and utilize its spaces in an economical, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing manner. She believes that her experience in science and business, from her distinguished 24-year career at Wyeth/Pfizer, her MBA from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and degrees from St. John's University and University of Scranton, are invaluable skills to keep moving Chatham forward. Karen’s skills in negotiating complex deals, developing financial statements, and defining complex problems and finding solutions across cross-functional teams are just what Chatham Borough Council need as it continues to develop, grow and become a place for innovation and small town charm.
• Fairleigh Dickinson University, MBA, Economics
• St. John’s University, MS, Pharmacology
• University of Scranton, BS, Biology
• Business experience negotiating contracts, developing and reviewing financial statements and project planning
• Varied experience across science and business
• Specialist in defining complex problems and finding solutions across cross-functional teams
• Senior Director, Business Development and Licensing, Nestle Health Science (2018-present)
• 24-year career at Wyeth/Pfizer with increasing responsibility in several functions: clinical research, marketing (U.S. and International), and Business Development & Licensing
• District 5 Representative (2014-present), Vice chair (2016-2017)
• Democratic Club of the Chathams, Vice President, Community Outreach and Programs (2017-present)
• Member Underground Advisory Committee
• NJ resident since 1993
• Active Participant at St. Patrick’s Church, Chatham: Volunteer (Christmas in the Box), Worship Committee, and Lector
• Founder and Lead, Dragonfest for Breasts, annual dragon boat race supporting breast cancer support programs
• Assistant Coach, NJ Dragonboat Club
Like many of you, the members of Team Chatham (Treloar, Koronkiewicz, and Kobylarz) love Chatham Borough's small-town feel and quaint charm. We want to preserve those qualities, while also investing in "smart redevelopment" to keep up with the rising costs of providing municipal services. Team Chatham wants to attract economically sustainable businesses to our downtown and River Road. Not only will it ensure our town's economic sustainability for the coming years, it will beautify our downtown and bring many desirable new restaurants, shops and services within walking distance, increasing the value of your home.
Will you help support Team Chatham's vision?
Please donate to our campaign: